Frequently Asked Questions
- Does telehealth replace my doctor?
No. Telehealth does not replace your primary care physician. It should be used when you need immediate care for non-emergent medical issues. It is an affordable, convenient alternative to urgent care and ER visits.
- What kind of medical care does telehealth provide?
Teladoc provides adult and pediatric general medical care.
- What consult methods are available?
You can talk with a provider via a phone consult, video consult within the secure member portal, or video consult.
- How quickly can I talk to the doctor?
Median call back time is just 10 minutes. If you miss the doctor's call, whether you are away from the phone or you have anonymous call blocker on, you will be returned to the bottom of the waiting list. The consult request is cancelled if you miss three calls.
- Is there a time limit when talking with a doctor?
There is no time limit for consults.
- Can telehealth providers write a prescription?
Yes, telehealth providers can prescribe short-term medication for a wide range of conditions when medically appropriate. Telehealth providers do not prescribe substances controlled by the DEA, nontherapeutic and/or certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential abuse.
- How do I pay for a prescription called in?
When you go to your pharmacy of choice to pick up the prescription, you may use your health/prescription insurance card to help pay for the medication. You will be responsible for the co-pay based on the type of medication and your plan benefits.
- How do I pay for the consult?
You can pay with your HSA (health savings account) card, credit card, prepaid debit card or by PayPal.
- If the telehealth provider recommends that I see my primary care physician or a specialist, do I still have to pay the consult fee?
Yes. Just like any doctor appointment, you must pay for the consulting provider’s time.
- Can I provide consult information to my doctor?
Yes. You have access to your electronic medical record at anytime.
For more information, contact your PAI account executive or contact us on this form.