Who We Are
PAI is a nationally-licensed TPA, delivering flexible solutions across group health plans, ancillary products, and P&C programs, and offering innovative approaches to support client partners. We currently provide administrative services for both traditional self-funded accounts, as well as providing back-room administrative solutions for regional and national carriers.
What We Deliver
We are dedicated to refining our product offerings and services to continually remain ahead of the competition, expanding partnerships and exploring new opportunities. PAI is an experienced TPA that delivers:
- Innovative administration
- Unmatched value
- Creative solutions
- Exemplary service
- Unprecedented commitment
- Big-company benefits
- Agility over larger carrier platforms
- Ease of administration
- Flexible, highly service-oriented environment
We believe we are in a unique position to create partnerships that excel.
We are positioned to take on the ever-changing landscape of the industry and we are dedicated to helping our clients successfully flux with it too.
PAI’s philosophy is to listen to the client and meet their needs using everything from “plug-and-play” platforms to innovative products. Our current product portfolio mix allows us to provide administrative services for self funded products, fully insured and self funded products for the part-time and hourly employees, self funded administration for clients, as well as back room administration for carriers.
Our extensive menu of health plans, discounts, added values and online services extends more choices to our clients, with options to meet every budget and lifestyle.
Our mission is to deliver on our philosophy by developing relationships that create value for our clients.
Our forward-looking leadership team is made up of dedicated, focused and experienced executives.
- George Stiles, President and Chief Operating Officer
George Stiles is President and Chief Operating Officer of Planned Administrators, Inc. (PAI), a Third Party Administrator company (TPA), owned by our parent company, the largest health insurer in South Carolina. As President, Mr. Stiles leads all aspects of sales, strategy, finance and operations for PAI's multiple lines of administrative business. He joined PAI in September 2006 and has over 25 years' experience with our parent company, where he has served in various management positions. He is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and has his MBA from Southern Wesleyan University. Mr. Stiles is a member of the Leadership Columbia's class of 2007.
- Amanda Gantt, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Amanda Gantt is the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for PAI. She joined PAI in December 2012, serving in a variety of management positions leading up to her most current. She oversees the finance and accounting functions for our fully-insured and self-funded business. She also oversees our compliance and quality assurance area. Prior to joining PAI, she held various auditing roles with the largest health insurer of South Carolina for 15 years. She is a graduate of the University of South Carolina and is a Certified Internal Auditor.
- Scot Dawkins, AVP of Information Systems
Scot Dawkins is AVP of Information Systems for PAI. He oversees computer operations, programming, telecommunications, and system support. A graduate of Winthrop University, Mr. Dawkins has been with PAI since 1994. He is also certified in several areas of IBM system administration.
- PJ Rescigno, AVP Specialty Products
PJ Rescigno is the AVP of Specialty Products for PAI. He joined PAI in April 2007 and oversees the specialty product functions, delivering products and administrative solutions to the market, leading business development efforts for PAI. He graduated with a B.S. degree from Winthrop University. Prior to joining PAI, he was Managing Director of the southeast region of a multibillion dollar specialty chemical company and an Executive Search Consultant with a privately held employment search firm.
- Kerri M. Flowers, AVP Self-Funded Operations and Account Management
Kerri Flowers is the AVP of Self-Funded Operations and Account Management. She oversees enrollment, claims processing, customer service and account management for the self-funded line of business. She joined PAI in 1999 and has served in various management positions. Prior to joining PAI, she was with the largest health insurer of South Carolina for six years. She is a licensed agent in life and health insurance, has the Professional, Academy for Healthcare Management (PAHM) designation and is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of South Carolina.
- Suzanne Miller, Director of Compliance
Suzanne Miller is Director of Compliance and also serves as PAI's Compliance Officer. She oversees all compliance activities, quality assurance, training, and HIPAA Privacy. She has been managing in a health care environment since 2000 and has been with PAI since 1996. Prior to joining PAI, she was with the largest health insurer of South Carolina for five years. She is a registered nurse (RN) with a Bachelor’s Degree from South University and has also attained the designation of Fellow of the Life Management Institute (FLMI).
- Timothy Schmid, Director of Sales and Stop Loss
Timothy Schmid is Director of Sales and Stop Loss. Before being named Director of Sales and Stop Loss, Tim was the Senior Director of Mid & Large Market Sales and Account Management at UPMC Health Plan in Pittsburgh, PA. Tim has been in the industry for 25 years, and has led both health insurance carrier, and broker sales teams. He obtained his M.B.A. from Robert Morris University in 1997.
- Tosca Walls, Director of P&C Operations
Tosca Walls is the Director of P&C Operations. She oversees the operations, administration and claims processing for the Property & Casualty line of business. She joined PAI in 2015. Prior to joining PAI, she served in various management positions for ten years with the largest health insurer of South Carolina. Tosca is a graduate of Austin Peay State University and has also attained the Associate in Claims (AIC) and Associate in Insurance Services (AIS) designations.
PAI began in 1981 with approximately 10 team members along with a desire to provide unprecedented service and value for self-funded administration of employee benefit plans to Palmetto State citizens. Over the years, PAI has evolved into a multi-faceted company with many offerings.
- In 1984, PAI became a wholly owned subsidiary of the only South Carolina owned and operated health insurance carrier. This relationship provides PAI accounts with the best provider network in the state, as well as access to programs and partnerships designed to reduce medical costs, while maintaining the “high touch” service model that makes TPA’s special.
- In 2004, PAI started administration of limited benefit medical plans for part-time and hourly employees employed by national and international companies. These fully-insured programs continue to grow today with more than 356,407 members enrolled, and are supported by two carrier partners.
- In 2013, PAI became a national administrator for voluntary benefits, including critical illness, accident, and hospital indemnity products.
- In 2015, PAI launched Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant plans to accommodate large group employer federal mandates. Today, these plans include both self-funded and fully-insured options that help these employers meet their federal mandates. PAI also acquired Companion TPA, a property & casualty administrator, specializing in workers’ compensation, general liability and commercial auto.
Today PAI has grown into a national TPA authorized to administer business in all 50 states and continues to serve multiple markets. With 315 talented team members focused on our vision to “make benefits better,” PAI is considered an industry leader of TPA products, services and solutions. We built a success story based on forward thinking vision, a philosophy of collaboration with our client partners, the power of relationships and innovative benefit administration solutions.
Our current product portfolio mix allows us to continue to provide self-funded and fully-insured administration for clients as well as incorporate back-room administration for partner carriers.
The business model is simple: We inspire trust and build partnerships by focusing on a benefit design platform that works by:
- Providing flexible administrative solutions
- Offering unique solutions to meet unique and specific needs
- Creating products and offerings that deliver results and resonate value to clients, members and partners — “Making Benefits Better!”
We believe exceptional relationships and value based plan design solutions come from collaboration. We are motivated and inspired by the concept of developing new — needed products, lines of business, opportunities and partnerships— which drive PAI to continue the journey forward!