Not sure if these drug lists apply to your benefit plan? Check your benefit plan document or call Customer Service at 1-800-768-4375, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. A language line is available for translation for most languages.
$0 Covered Drug List
- Under Health Care Reform, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires most health plans to cover certain drugs at $0 cost to members.
Excluded Drug List
- This is a list of drugs that are excluded from coverage, as well as how to request a formulary exception for an excluded drug.
Preferred Drug List
- A Preferred Drug List (PDL) is a list of prescription medications chosen for their clinical value and cost-effectiveness by an independent panel of physicians and pharmacists. With our PDL, you and your doctor have the freedom to choose the medication that works best for you. Members are encouraged to talk to their doctors about generic and preferred brand-name drugs whenever possible to help manage their prescription costs. You can use our drug lookup tool
Preventive Drug List
– A Preventive Drug List is a list of drugs that may help prevent serious illnesses and complications. IRS guidelines for high-deductible health plans provide that preventive care, including prescription medications used for preventive purposes, can be excluded from the deductible. Taking preventive drugs, as directed by your doctor, may help you live a healthier life today and avoid serious illness in the future.
Specialty Drug List
- Specialty Drugs are prescription medications used to treat complex or chronic medical conditions like cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis and hepatitis, just to name a few. They are often self-injected and usually require patient-specific dosing and careful clinical monitoring. They may also require special handling and refrigeration.